[CentOS] epel-5.2 trying to upgrade to 5.3

Fri Mar 6 15:26:54 UTC 2009

On 3/6/09, Marcelo M. Garcia <marcelo.maia.garcia at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I just installed CentOS 5.2 (x86_64), and everything was fine. After
> installing the "epel-release-5-2.noarch.rpm", and issuing "yum
> check-update", I can see that "epel" is trying to upgrade to version 5.3.
> First I didn't notice the problem, and after upgrading, I got the
> message "error sumary" when updating the system.
> It seems that the x86 (32bit) version is working fine.

Do you have the yum priorities plug in installed? If not, you should
install it and I suggest you give EPEL a very low priority, to protect
your system. I installed the EPEL repository a week or two ago and the
number of packages being protected on my 32 bit CentOS 5.2 Desktop
went from approximately 350 to approximately 1600.