[CentOS] Streaming video with Centos 5.2...how to?

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Tue Mar 17 18:49:00 UTC 2009

Guy Boisvert schrieb:
> Does anybody knows something that would do using CentOS ?  Any good idea
> will be appreciated !

For  Flash-streaming, there's Red5 (which a couple of customers are using)

Anything else, I'd consider QSS (the commercial cousin of DSS, available
on OSX-Server, only, IIRC).
If you outgrow that, there are commercial solutions from SUN (in the
department) or other vendors.

Adobe's Flash-streaming platform is available on RHEL5 (or was that
RHEL4?), too, but last time I looked, no 64bit version was available.
(which is really a joke, these days)