[CentOS] live audio feed via telephone link

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Wed Mar 25 23:21:17 UTC 2009

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 18:15:22 -0500
Les Mikesell wrote:

> Can't you find a place that has both radio reception and internet
> service to park something like shoutcast?

The immediate objective is to get the signal to somewhere that has (reliable)
Internet access.  The ultimate objective is to stream it online, but we have to
get the signal out to where we can do that first.  And the closest place that
has good service is out-of-range of the signal during the day.  (It sounds fine
after dark and when the weather is "just so" but that's not much help with a
24-hour stream.)