[CentOS] Getting ready for CentOS 5.4

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at bludgeon.org
Thu Mar 26 22:50:15 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 11:38:06AM +1300, Spiro Harvey wrote:

> I've got a couple of cents change here...
>
> On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 17:41:41 -0400
> mbneto <mbneto at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I do not have any sort of numbers of the popularity of CentOS but I
> > suspect that we are very popular and in that sense a certain level of
> > responsibility (to that community) is required.
>

> "required"? How do you figure anything is *required* of volunteers?
> Show me your support contract.
>
> If you're worried that CentOS is "late" or is stopping you from
> fulfilling your own contractual obligations, perhaps you should stop
> being a tight-arse and pay for RedHat support.
>
> When you pay nothing, you have no right to expect anything. Unless
> they're your slaves, and I'm pretty sure that's not the case here.
>

> > And as long as CentOS stays a relevant distro the pressure (not
> > only from me) will continue to raise.
>
> This is just rude.

I really wish people would quit being so over-sensitive like this.  How
many disclaimers must be posted?  We are ALL aware that nothing is
guaranteed nor supported in a volunteer project such as this one.

Is there still no room for positive feedack and discussion from
developers and end users alike on how to approve things?

Let's not assume the OP is attacking anyone.  I'm assuming he's looking
for a way to help.

Ray