[CentOS] Getting ready for CentOS 5.4

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Mar 30 04:24:01 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-03-29 at 22:56 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:

> So what would be the down side to just walking away from everything
> RH-related now that Ubuntu has a free alternative with long term
> support?   I thought perhaps when I mentioned it earlier there would be
> a flurry of responses pointing out functional deficiencies but so far
> there have been none.   I would never have started using RH in the early
> days if it had not been freely redistributable.  Now the clones are
> better than nothing, but it still seems wrong.
----
There's nothing inherently wrong with Ubuntu as far as I can tell and
yes, some versions do have long term support and you can purchase
support from Canonical. But you've been around long enough to know all
this so I'm not sure what point you are trying to make because each
Linux distribution has its own strengths and weaknesses and that
includes RHEL (CentOS) and Ubuntu, etc.

Craig