[CentOS] pop3 attack

Fri Mar 13 18:05:41 UTC 2009
Agile Aspect <agile.aspect at gmail.com>

James Pifer wrote:
>> The masquerading options are for a different purpose.
>> I'm glad you got it sorted out.
>>

> Although I'm able to send mail to most people without a problem using
> smarthost, I still have a few that bounce back with errors like:
> Your message was rejected by mail.lance.com for the following reason:
>
>      Service unavailable; Client host [cdptpa-omtalb.mail.rr.com] blocked by zen.spamhaus.org; http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=70.62.90.185
>
> I'm using the smarthost server that I should be using according to the information:
> define(`SMART_HOST',`smtp-server.carolina.rr.com')dnl
>
> Although I'm in a residential IP range, my connection is Business Class, so sending smtp mail is not restricted (at least contractually).
>
> Why would I still have this problem if I'm using smarthost? Is there a way to resolve it?

The problem has nothing to do with the Smart host server entry.

Read the information in the URL above and contact your ISP.

--
Article. VI. Clause 3 of the constitution of the United States states:

"The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of
the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers,
both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by
Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test
shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust
under the United States."