[CentOS] Creating an alternitive install CD for CentOS 5.2 (w/ patched mkinitrd)

Sat Mar 7 22:39:17 UTC 2009
Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com>

> Robert Heller wrote:
> >  I don't want (or need) to
> > rebuild all 6 of the install CDs.  I just want to *replace* one RPM on
> > the first CD.
>
> the installer supports external repo's - at install time. All you then
> need is to provide a new repo, with a higher EVR for mkinitrd.

I am not sure how to do this and did not know it was possible -- there
is nothing obvious in the install menus that suggest this. I do prefer
the 'text' based install.  Also, in the case of my home system, the
external repo would *have* be on the local disk somewhere, since I don't
have any other machines available on my LAN and the the only external
Internet option is dialup.

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933