[CentOS] lame server errors on my DNS server

Sun Mar 8 15:33:47 UTC 2009
Tom Diehl <tdiehl at rogueind.com>

Next time start a new thread instead of replying to another thread.

On Sun, 8 Mar 2009, fabian dacunha wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>
> i m not a professional in DNS but have setup my DNS server with centos 5
> running for almost a year ( before the same server had centos 4)
> and was working fine
>
> But just i receive a mail from ripe stating that my there r lame server
> errors on my DNS server
>
> i have bind ver 9.3 running
>
> the errors were
>
> Our checks revealed the following error(s) :
>

> Zone: xx.xx.xx.in-addr.arpa
>    Nameserver: ns1.kmun.gov.kw (IP address unknown)
>    Error:      Unable to resolve nameserver
>    Nameserver: ns2.kmun.gov.kw (IP address unknown)
>    Error:      Unable to resolve nameserver
>
> appreciate if someone could help me as to which file could have
> misconfiguration errors .

You do not give enough info to help. If kumn.gov.kw is the domain we are
talking about then go fix the errors shown here:
http://www.intodns.com/kmun.gov.kw

> no file has been modifies for long time

So that just means that it has been broken for a long time. :-)

FWIW, a lame server means that it is not authoritative for the domain that you
are requesting info for.

Regards,

Tom Diehl		tdiehl at rogueind.com		Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com