[CentOS] Memory vs. Display Card

Mon Mar 9 02:27:37 UTC 2009
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

Rick wrote:
> In article <20090308031754.GA11794 at bludgeon.org>,
> Ray Van Dolson  <centos at centos.org> wrote:
>

>> That sounds pretty strange.  Have you confirmed that removing the "new"
>> memory allows you to run in runlevel 5 again?
>>

> Yes, that's how I'm running right now.

now, try taking out the OLD memory and putting in just the NEW memory.
see how it runs that way.   if this works, try with the new 4GB as the 0
bank, and the old 2GB as the 1 bank.

also, in the BIOS, check the memory timings, I'd leave them all on
'automatic' or 'default' or whatever the limited choices are in the
Intel BIOS, trying to squeeze an extra clock out of CAS or whatever
doesn't really help much under the best of conditions and it can
destabilize a system under suboptimal conditions.