[CentOS] hplip problems - configure: error: "cannot find libjpeg support"

Thu Mar 12 14:59:13 UTC 2009
Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>

On Thursday 12 March 2009 14:45:27 Roger Wells wrote:
> I actually did install the home printer last night (Photosmart C6180).
> "hp-setup' ran fine, discovered the printer and installed it just as it
> did for the LJ4350 (it didn't find the correct PPD file but...).
> The good news is that even though hp-toolbox won't run the Centos
> Scanner Tool works.
> It discovered the scanner correctly and I was able to operate with it as
> expected.  The scanner is also available within appropriate applications
> such as OpenOffice and the Gimp.
>
> So maybe we don't need hp-toolbox so much after all.

Glad you got it working, Roger.  I knew I wouldn't have time to have another
go at this until tomorrow.  So did you use the 3.9.2 version?  Anything to
report about the actual installation?

Anne