[CentOS] pop3 attack

Fri Mar 13 18:51:36 UTC 2009
James Pifer <jep at obrien-pifer.com>

> The masquerading options are for a different purpose.
> I'm glad you got it sorted out.

Although I'm able to send mail to most people without a problem using
smarthost, I still have a few that bounce back with errors like:
Your message was rejected by mail.lance.com for the following reason:

     Service unavailable; Client host [cdptpa-omtalb.mail.rr.com] blocked by zen.spamhaus.org; http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=70.62.90.185

I'm using the smarthost server that I should be using according to the information:
define(`SMART_HOST',`smtp-server.carolina.rr.com')dnl

Although I'm in a residential IP range, my connection is Business Class, so sending smtp mail is not restricted (at least contractually).

Why would I still have this problem if I'm using smarthost? Is there a way to resolve it?

Thanks,
James