[CentOS] Getting ready for CentOS 5.4

Mon Mar 23 13:20:31 UTC 2009
Phil Schaffner <Philip.R.Schaffner at NASA.gov>

mbneto wrote:
> Hi,
>

>     There were some unusual situations with core developers this time
>     around.
>

> This is something that we should address don't you think?

Well, Karanbir has already weighed in on the thread.  If he needs help
I'm sure he knows where to ask.

>     Some additional resources could help but since CentOS developers are
>     unpaid, raising money for human resources may not be the correct
>     approach.  Beefing up the buildsystem has been noted as something
>     desirable.
>

> I think that this is somewhat contradictory.  If the developers are
> unpaid we should be considering at least some help (paid one) so we can
> expect a more regular approach not a best effort one.

Hiring and managing employees has substantial overhead involved.  I
doubt this is worthwhile.

>     And who is going to develop such nice automation?  There has been
>     regular news:
>
>     <http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=18223&forum=37>
>

> Well, there is no need to automation.  This paid help would send one
> email per day with the summary.

If you need faster updates or more support than CentOS can provide,
please consider RHEL as an option.  CentOS would not exist without them.