[CentOS] Getting ready for CentOS 5.4

Mon Mar 23 13:37:01 UTC 2009
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

2009/3/23 mbneto <mbneto at gmail.com>:
>> There were some unusual situations with core developers this time around.
>
> This is something that we should address don't you think?

If someone has a medical problem and someone else is getting married,
how will you address that? Everyone has a personal life and that
should be a higher priority than this or any other project they spend
time on.

>> Some additional resources could help but since CentOS developers are
>> unpaid, raising money for human resources may not be the correct
>> approach.  Beefing up the buildsystem has been noted as something
>> desirable.
>
> I think that this is somewhat contradictory.  If the developers are unpaid
> we should be considering at least some help (paid one) so we can expect a
> more regular approach not a best effort one.

Possibly you should consider buying RHEL, if you need the updated OS
faster. The CentOS Developers do everything possible to make this an
excellent product and one that has outstanding support.

>> And who is going to develop such nice automation?  There has been
>> regular news:
>
> Well, there is no need to automation.  This paid help would send one email
> per day with the summary.

The $ the project receives goes for hardware and network connectivity.
Nobody is paid. The CentOS developers devote their time and hard work
because they want this project to be successful.