[CentOS] update yum

Tue Mar 24 19:20:48 UTC 2009
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 2:09 AM, madunix <madunix at gmail.com> wrote:
> Am trying to update my wine i get the following ..
> [] download]# yum update wine*
>  * epel: ftp.nluug.nl
>  * rpmforge: fr2.rpmfind.net
>  * base: ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de
>  * updates: ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de
>  * addons: ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de
>  * extras: ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de
> 0 packages excluded due to repository priority protections

As someone else pointed out, you really need to get Priority working,
before you trash that box. When I installed EPEL, a month or so ago, I
gave it a very low priority, the lowest priority of any of the
Repositories I use. The number of packages being excluded, on my
CentOS 5.2 (32 bit) Desktop increased from approximately 350 to 1560,
when EPEL was added.