[CentOS] Cannot get CentOS to install

Wed Mar 25 19:15:18 UTC 2009
Michael Peterson <mpeterson at mail.charlesfurniture.com>

JohnS wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-03-23 at 15:21 -0500, Michael Peterson wrote:
>

>> I would really like to get CentOS 5.2 or 5.3 installed on the system if
>> there is a work around.
>>
> ---
> What are you using to burn the CDs? How old is the CD Drive that your
> are using to install? How old is the cable? Last thing strip it down to
> the bare minimum harwdare and install?
>
> JohnStanley

I burned the CD images on Windows using Roxio and an AOpen DVD Read/
CDRW drive.

The burned CD's test fine in more than one system.
I do have to test them with ide=nodma to get them to pass.

The CD Drive and IDE Cable on the system I am trying to install is 5
years old.

I searched the CentOS site and mailing list for similar issues and found
one dating back to last year.
The anaconda errors were similar.

I finally got 5.2 to install and the fix was to tell the kernel to
ignore the ide tape device.
The tape drive is on hdd and the following allowed me to do a GUI
install with 512 MB.

linux ide=nodma hdd=none

I thought I would post my result so that this request for help could be
closed.

Thanks for having this list to provide the avenue to a solution.