[CentOS] live audio feed via telephone link

Mon Mar 30 16:05:20 UTC 2009
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

JohnS wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-03-29 at 08:54 -0500, Lanny Marcus wrote:
>
>> The other thing, if it is Line of Sight, as suggested by previous
>> posters, is a VHF radio link.
> ----
>
> I would not bet my load on line of sight! I have seen days where VHF
> (tropo)will travel 3500 miles and days where it would not get to my
> neighbors house! Add that into the equation. Just keep in mind TV
> stations ( analog/digital) transmit Kilowatts to just get 75 mile
> coverage.
>
> Now, what about a long element yagi? Good, but not dependable. Stick
> with a Land Line. RF is the most unpredictable form of AC current there
> is in the world. You never know what it is going to do. The atmosphere
> predicts it's fate.

It sounds like this location is just begging for wimax or some other
suitable internet service.  What kind of place can support a radio
station but not an internet presence these days?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com