[CentOS] live audio feed via telephone link

Mon Mar 30 16:34:41 UTC 2009
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 11:05 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> JohnS wrote:
>> On Sun, 2009-03-29 at 08:54 -0500, Lanny Marcus wrote:
>>
>>> The other thing, if it is Line of Sight, as suggested by previous
>>> posters, is a VHF radio link.
>>
>> I would not bet my load on line of sight! I have seen days where VHF
>> (tropo)will travel 3500 miles and days where it would not get to my
>> neighbors house! Add that into the equation. Just keep in mind TV
>> stations ( analog/digital) transmit Kilowatts to just get 75 mile
>> coverage.
>>
>> Now, what about a long element yagi? Good, but not dependable. Stick
>> with a Land Line. RF is the most unpredictable form of AC current there
>> is in the world. You never know what it is going to do. The atmosphere
>> predicts it's fate.
>
> It sounds like this location is just begging for wimax or some other
> suitable internet service.  What kind of place can support a radio
> station but not an internet presence these days?

WiMax is available in Cali (one of the first cities in the world to
get it), but not in our town. We live about 15 minutes from Cali. Not
sure what distance WiMax can span, but my best friend had a WiMax
seminar in his company, a year or so ago, so I will ask him. I would
love to have WiMax!