[CentOS] 5.3 on an EeePC??

Julian Thomas jt at jt-mj.net
Sun May 3 21:20:50 UTC 2009

On Sun, 3 May 2009 19:02:26 +0000 (UTC) Beartooth wrote:

>> It's here: http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download-netbook
>
>	For the record, I went there, got that, burned it to a medium,
>and started an install. It came up with some startlingly strong caveat,
>to the effect that "This will wipe your drive."

I just checked the URL and it looks like that's a version of the Live ubuntu CD. It's install option doesn't always
play nice with existing info on hard drives; you need the 'alternate' CD instead (and it's not clear that that exists
for the netbook config).

--
 Julian Thomas:   jt at jt-mj.net    http://jt-mj.net
 In the beautiful Genesee Valley of Western New York State!