[CentOS] Video on (video-capable digital) still camera not accessible

Fri May 22 18:07:12 UTC 2009
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 1:00 PM, MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 10:33 AM, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
>>
>> Renaming a file does not change its makeup. Just because you rename a .vob
>> file to .jpg, doesn't make it a jpeg. It just makes it a mis-named vob file.
>
> Realizing this, I would love to have the opportunity to rename the
> files (they're .mov files - quicktime format, I believe), but the
> problem is that they don't show up in the Import Photos app, and
> they're otherwise (so far) completely inaccessible.
<snip>
Mark: As I just replied to Scott, possibly you can look in the
Advanced manual for your camera, to see if they permit you to change
the settings, so you save the video files in another format, such as
.avi     If you do not see anything in the manual, maybe look on the
Canon web site tech support area or send them an email, to see if
that's somehow possible. Lanny