[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] CentOS 5 i386 - The CentOS-5.3 i386 Live CD is released

Wed May 27 08:57:41 UTC 2009
Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de>

Radu-Cristian FOTESCU wrote:

> Umm... is there any rational reason to only announce the CentOS-5.3
> Live CD on May 27, when it was available since May 19, and Patrice has
> updated the Release Notes on the same May 19?

Yes. We had some issues with our mirror network which we wanted to
resolve before announcing the Live CD, so that the CD would be available
on all mirror carrying CD isos.

> Also, how come it only includes FF 3.0.6? This is terribly weird IMHO.

It went through QA before the release announcement, which also took some
time.

Cheers,

Ralph