[CentOS] Upgrade GTK2 from 2.10 to 2.12 ?

Wed May 27 20:05:56 UTC 2009
Niki Kovacs <contact at kikinovak.net>

nate a écrit :

> Try it out and see what happens.. since the version change seems
> pretty minor I wouldn't expect too much breakage .. Though to be
> on the safe side it's probably good to install it to another
> directory(/usr/local or something) and change the package name so
> it doesn't conflict.
>
> When building your new programs just be sure that you point them
> to the other version of GTK via LD_LIBRARY_PATH CPPFLAGS etc..

I did quite a lot of researching and fiddling, and in the end, after
weighing the pros and the cons... I guess I'll wait for CentOS 6 to
build these new apps. Should be less than a year, if things go well :o)

After all, installing an enterprise-class distro only to fiddle around
with the base packages doesn't make much sense... or else, I'd stick to
Slackware ;o)

cheers,

Niki