[CentOS] DR Server for Windows Machines

Fri May 29 22:56:27 UTC 2009
Joseph L. Casale <JCasale at activenetwerx.com>

>use ntbackup on the windows machine to create .bkp file, then copy that
>to the DR backup with scp or rsync or whatever.

I looked at that initially, but the incremental was huge for some reason
and the bandwidth needed over the link was more than we could provision
for.

File by file would actually work, rsyncing only what we need to. I don't
know this was but that's how it played out in testing. This is definitely
being a PITA for me but I am not being given enough cash to do this easily.

Sigh...

Roberts suggestion about using tar interests me, but I just read gnu tar wont
do what I need, but Schily tar will. Not sure of there is a windows port.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!
jlc