[CentOS] Spacewalk or Puppet?

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Nov 4 21:41:52 UTC 2009

Les wrote:
> nate wrote:
>>
>> People don't even come to me with
>> windows questions anymore because I'm so out of touch with
>> it. Only so many brain cells and I'd rather spend them on
>> more valuable things(networking, storage, virtualization,
>> HA, scalability etc)
>
> Well, there's always java, in spite of the damage Red Hat has done to it
> by shipping a broken imitation for years.  Maybe hardware has gotten to
> the point where the overhead doesn't matter.

No. It matters. And I don't care what version of java, I really dislike
it, because *it's* broken; or, rather, it failed at what it was supposed
to do: a) solve the software backlog, and b) it supposedly guaranteed no
null pointer references, and useful error messages.

It did not solve the backlog, and after the huuuge stack traces and
usually unhelpful error messages.... And it eats memory, including the Sun
implementation. It's just Pascal w/ p-code, revived.

      mark "java, why did it have to be java?"