[CentOS] vsftpd question

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 13:29:28 UTC 2009

mark wrote:

> I got the book, and followed the directions. I, and others, have pointed you to
> stuff, Viktor. You say you've not run a server in a while, and that "every OS
> is different." I'm assuming that means you ran Windows servers, and have not
> yet taken enough time to actually learn how *nix works (Chapter 2 of Frisch's
> book).

I assumed that he meant some other flavor of unix, since in several decades they
have not managed to set and follow a standard for administration and the
particular things in question vary wildly across them.  But if you've only used
Red Hat style systems - or maybe even SysV it might not be obvious how quirky
they are.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com