[CentOS] Spacewalk or Puppet?

Thu Nov 5 07:35:23 UTC 2009
Christoph Maser <cmr at financial.com>

Am Mittwoch, den 04.11.2009, 23:04 +0100 schrieb Les Mikesell:

> >> Well, there's always java, in spite of the damage Red Hat has done to it
> >> by shipping a broken imitation for years.  Maybe hardware has gotten to
> >> the point where the overhead doesn't matter.
> >>
> > No. It matters. And I don't care what version of java, I really dislike
> > it, because *it's* broken; or, rather, it failed at what it was supposed
> > to do: a) solve the software backlog,
>
> You can't do that with companies shipping broken or non-standard
> implementations.  There's not much reason to continue that now.

I work in a java shop and I really thik you both are wrong. We do some
pretty amazing things with it and openjdk in centos (wich I think you
were relating to) is working quite well for us.

Chris

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach