[CentOS] bash variable expansion moment

Sun Nov 15 13:35:56 UTC 2009
Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann <ribalba at gmail.com>

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 1:23 PM, ken <gebser at mousecar.com> wrote:
> Joshua,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  But while what you offer would indeed work, but
> it's not what I was looking for.
>
> I simplified my example for clarity, was looking to put other text and
> variables in Line(), this in order to greatly simplify the code which
> calls it.
>
> To rephrase what I'm trying to do:
>
> A function containing environmental variables in one file would be
> called in another file.  The function would, then, pass (e.g.) $LINENO
> as if it were a literal, but in the line where $Line is invoked it would
> be evaluated and the value output.
>
> As said, I'm not sure this can be done at all.  My only grounds for hope
> is that bash already does so much so well... I'm constantly amazed at
> what can be done with it.  So maybe this is too.
>
> Thanks again for the response.

Hey

I am sorry to point out that unfortunately on this list top posting is
not considered to be good practice. Please would you keep this in mind
for further posts. I hope this notice does not deter you form posting
further. It is just meant as advice as many people complain about this
issue.

Hope you have a nice day.

Cheers Didi