[CentOS] Centos 5.4 on Acer Aspire One

Fri Nov 27 15:54:42 UTC 2009
Tait Clarridge <tait at clarridge.ca>

On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 09:41 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 03:51 -0700, Craig White wrote:
>
> > did you create that USB disk using Fedora or CentOS?
>
> I created it using Centos 5.4.
> >
> > does this relate?
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_11_Beta_release_notes#Live_Image_issues
>
> The screenshot looks exactly like what I see.  Which is interesting
> considering that neither the image or the system it was created on has
> anything to do with Fedora 11.
>
> > I can't think of any reason I would put CentOS on my Aspire One...I've
> > got it working well with F12 now
>
> I seem to have a choice between reinstalling Fedora on it (because I
> can't get it to update to Fedora 12) or installing Centos on it.  Since
> they both involve a scratch install, I might as well install Centos on
> it so it will match my desktop machine.

I know this is a CentOS list, but personally I would go for Fedora 12.
They have done some optimizations for netbooks and you will have get a
lot more functionality due to the drivers included with Fedora 12 vs
CentOS 5 (based on Fedora Core 6).

If you want wireless, Fedora is probably the easiest of the two. Any
specific reasons why you want CentOS on a netbook? More specifically why
you want enterprise Linux on your netbook?