[CentOS] Centos 5.4 on Acer Aspire One

Fri Nov 27 21:18:47 UTC 2009
Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net>

On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 14:49 -0500, Tait Clarridge wrote:

> How did you create the Live USB?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD/USBHowTo

I went through the "How to partition" and "How to format" sections,then
the "Command Line Method - Linux only" subsection titled
"Run livecd-iso-to-disk script".

> You may want to try using either a DVD install image or NetInstall
> image
> after backing up your netbooks drive.

My Acer Aspire One has an internal hard drive and that's it.

When I installed Fedora on it, I put a Fedora livecd on a usb flashdrive
(the same one I'm trying to use for this job, in fact) and it just
worked.

If I could get a netinstall or something going on this, that would suit
me too.  But again, I have no external drives for it.