[CentOS] Centos 5.4 on Acer Aspire One

Fri Nov 27 22:51:50 UTC 2009
Tait Clarridge <tait at clarridge.ca>

On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 15:18 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 14:49 -0500, Tait Clarridge wrote:
>
> > How did you create the Live USB?
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD/USBHowTo
>
> I went through the "How to partition" and "How to format" sections,then
> the "Command Line Method - Linux only" subsection titled
> "Run livecd-iso-to-disk script".
> >
> > You may want to try using either a DVD install image or NetInstall
> > image
> > after backing up your netbooks drive.
>
> My Acer Aspire One has an internal hard drive and that's it.

I know, so does my EEEpc. But I used Unetbootin (a package that is
available in Fedora (yum install unetbootin).

It allows you to create a Live USB using any CD or DVD image. So for
example, I could use unetbootin to get the CentOS 5.4 netinstall CD on
my USB key without having to anything but selecting the iso and USB
drive I want.

You will need to run it with root privileges though. But basically put
in the USB stick, fire up unetbootin and go from there.

Once you reboot onto the USB key just select the first option in the
unetbootin menu and it should launch the netinstall CD. You will
probably have to plug it into a wired network as well, I have never had
a netinstall disk working with wireless, especially in CentOS.