[CentOS] Centos 5.4 on Acer Aspire One

Fri Nov 27 23:06:23 UTC 2009
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 1:18 PM, Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net> wrote:

> My Acer Aspire One has an internal hard drive and that's it.
>
> When I installed Fedora on it, I put a Fedora livecd on a usb flashdrive
> (the same one I'm trying to use for this job, in fact) and it just
> worked.

Well, yeah, that's what it's supposed to do.  When you boot from a
"livecd" image, that's all you're doing - booting from that image.  It
doesn't install anything.

> If I could get a netinstall or something going on this, that would suit
> me too.  But again, I have no external drives for it.

Again, I'm no expert here, but if you can get a livecd image written
on a USB flash drive to boot, you should be able to get a netinstall
cd image to boot just as well, from a USB drive.  That "should" do the
trick (if it will boot at all).

Someone, please, correct me if I'm wrong....

mhr