[CentOS] CentOS for non-tech user

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Wed Oct 7 22:21:40 UTC 2009

Les Mikesell a écrit :

> But that means you have to wait many years for new features - that you probably
> want in rapidly developing desktop apps.

One new set of desktop applications about every two years suits me
perfectly[1]. Lately I only needed a more recent version of Open Office
than the one shipped with CentOS, so I just installed the RPMS from
openoffice.org.

Apart from that, I got everything I need to get my daily work done, so
I'll stick with CentOS, my favourite workhorse distro.

Niki

[1]Although this will look more like 3 years this time.