[CentOS] CentOS for non-tech user

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Oct 7 22:00:41 UTC 2009

> m.roth at 5-cent.us a écrit :
>
>> I also have CentOS at home. There are quirks, though: for example, I
>> tried to run kaffeine last night, and it couldn't find
libkaffeinepart.so. I
>> tried adding /opt/kde3/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH, to LOAD_LIB<whatever>,
>> and even did an ldconfig, and it *still* can't find it (I run icewm, btw,
>> not KDE).
>
> Kaffeine is basically Xine for KDE. Since you're running IceWM, you
> might as well give Xine or Gxine (no Gnome deps) a spin.

As a followup - I spent the rest of last week and the weekend relocating
(ARRGHGHHGHGH!!!) - I played around with this, and discovered xine was a)
not installed, and b) wasn't on the CentOS 5.3 DVD I'd burned a month or
so ago.

Sound juicer was installed, and worked.

*sigh* "Let's add this, this time, and take that out...."

         mark