[CentOS] Passenger Best Practice

Jake jakepaulus at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 16:44:49 UTC 2009

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 12:13 PM, Stephen Nelson-Smith
<stephen at atalanta-systems.com> wrote:
> I want to move from running puppet under it's own web brick server, to
> using passenger.
>
> I'd like to get an idea of how folk are  running passenger?  Ideally
> I'd like to keep everything rpm based, so would need ruby enterprise
> rpms, and then the mod_rails / passenger plugin?
>
> How are you folk doing it?
>
> I've seen:
>
> http://download.elff.bravenet.com/5/x86_64/repoview/mod_passenger.html
>
> And I've also seen:
>
> https://packages.endpoint.com/
>
> Which seems to do some enterprise ruby.
>
> What else is out there?  I'm more than happy to do it all myself, but
> if so it ought to be done in the way which best serves the project...

I used the guide found here
http://reductivelabs.com/trac/puppet/wiki/UsingPassenger on a RHEL 5
server with success. You'll see that most things are installed via yum
repositories except for rack and passenger, which are installed as
ruby gems. You'll probably find better answers for this type of
questions and any issues you might run into during implementation on
the puppet users mailing list (
http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users)

--
Jake Paulus