[CentOS] Help! i want to clone my Centos machine to another box..

RoLaNd RoLaNd r_o_l_a_n_d at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 22 12:34:01 UTC 2009

thanks for your prompt reply..
i was leaving that option as a last resort...
the problem is that this machine is a production machine
so if i rsync, i need to turn off the services in order to copy files or else ill have permission denied errors...

any other way?

i;ll start the proccess of creating a fresh instalation today though i dunno how to do the followign:

1. backing up my mysql databases  is it enough to cp /var/lib/mysql and /user/lib/mysql or i have to export them? and if thats the case how can i export?
2. anyway of copying user permissions and passwords? or i have to create them all over again ?