[CentOS] Switch to measure traffic at IP level?

Neil Aggarwal neil at JAMMConsulting.com
Mon Oct 26 01:44:21 UTC 2009

I think I have a solution:

In the guests' XML files, I set a target device name
so they will always use a known device (Instead of
getting an aribtrary vnet* device).

Next, using snmp on the host, I can get the interface stats
for that device and use cacti to graph it.

Thanks to everyone for the help,
    Neil

Will your e-commerce site go offline if you have
a DB server failure, fiber cut, flood, fire, or other disaster?
If so, ask about our geographically redundant database system.