[CentOS] Default ACL question (EXECUTE BIT)

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 11:13:41 UTC 2009

On Thursday 29 October 2009 10:32:30 pm nate wrote:
> It's been eons since I played with acls, but I thought you can
> only view acls via getfacl(or other similar commands) ls -l doesn't
> do anything to show acls, only unix-style permissions.

Hello nate,

Yes, I use getfacl to see the ACLs but in this case I used a "default ACL"
that sets "regular permissions" on new files and thus any new file won't have
actually an ACL. In my case, the new file looks like:

-rw------- 1 joe joe 0 Oct 29 21:14 testFile.txt

If It had any ACL on it... a plus sign would appear at the end of the
permission bits, like this:

-rw-------+ 1 joe joe 0 Oct 29 21:14 testFile.txt

Best regards,
Jorge