[CentOS] OT: pager pay

Tue Oct 13 16:28:03 UTC 2009
Alan McKay <alan.mckay at gmail.com>

Hey folks,

I'm trying to compare my small company's policy against other
companies out there.   We pay 10% of your per-hour salary equivalent
per every hour you carry it, whether it goes off or not.  So for
example someone making $55K/year works out to about $27 / hour (I
think), so they'd get $2.70 for every hour they carry the pager
outside of regular work hours.   We are a company of about 25 people.

My old employer Nortel still does it this way :
- $27.50 for every 8 hour shift you carry it, outside of regular work hours.
- any page is billed at time-and-a-half, minimum 1 hour billed
- any page requiring you to go into work, is billed at time-and-a-half
with a 3 hour min

I have a buddy at IBM and while it varies by group, his group does this :
- $30/day for carrying it, whether it goes off or not
- every page gets billed at time-and-a-half, minimum 30 minutes

Anyone else want to share theirs?

thanks,
-Alan