[CentOS] how can i configure linux as ppp

Wed Oct 7 19:22:49 UTC 2009

> Now I got another modem but this modem is hardcore the DSL login
> How can I not use this DSL login and use linux box to  ppp0e  login and pw
>
> thank you

Hi.

I've just gotten DSL for the first time myself (I've had cable
before)...but the DSL modem I got from Verizon has an ethernet jack. I
plugged that into my system, and I can ping the modem. *If* I understand
this, then it seems that the modem is masquerading, NATing, and I don't
need to do anything like pppoe.

Of course, I'll know more Saturday, when, three weeks after they allegedly
turned up my phone service, I'll have the outside line fixed so I have
dialtone....

          mark