[CentOS] xen guest system - install source - NOT

Fri Oct 9 13:45:48 UTC 2009
Tait Clarridge <tait at clarridge.ca>

>                     +---------------+ Error +----------------+
>
>                     |                                        |

>                     | Unable to retrieve                     |
>
>                     | http://ftp.funet.fi//pub/mirrors/cent  |
>
>                     | os.org/5.3/os/i386/images/stage2.img.  |
>
>                     |                                        |

>                     |                +----+                  |
>
>                     |                | OK |                  |
>
>                     |                +----+                  |
>
>                     |                                        |

>                     |                                        |

>                     +----------------------------------------+
>

> Strange, because I can download that image both with wget (from a http
> mirror) and with ftp (from a ftp mirror). Should I try downloading the
> whole i386 directory, and publish it locally with Apache, or something
> like that?
>
> - Jussi

Well, it is putting an extra slash in front of the server address.. I
remember this being a pain when trying to set a mirror to install up.

Try the following:

Web site name:  ftp.funet.fi
CentOS directory: pub/mirrors/centos.org/5.3/os/i386/

Make sure you DO NOT add a slash infront of "pub" in the CentOS
directory line.

This tends to work for me, how are you kicking off the xen guest
install? Grabbed the xen kernel and ramdisk from a mirror?