[CentOS] xen guest system - install source - NOT

Fri Oct 9 14:11:45 UTC 2009
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

On Fri, 2009-10-09 at 09:45 -0400, Tait Clarridge wrote:

> >                     +---------------+ Error +----------------+
> >
> >                     |                                        |

> >                     | Unable to retrieve                     |
> >
> >                     | http://ftp.funet.fi//pub/mirrors/cent  |
> >
> >                     | os.org/5.3/os/i386/images/stage2.img.  |
> >
> >                     |                                        |

> >                     |                +----+                  |
> >
> >                     |                | OK |                  |
> >
> >                     |                +----+                  |
> >
> >                     |                                        |

> >                     |                                        |

> >                     +----------------------------------------+
> >

> > Strange, because I can download that image both with wget (from a http
> > mirror) and with ftp (from a ftp mirror). Should I try downloading the
> > whole i386 directory, and publish it locally with Apache, or something
> > like that?
> >
> > - Jussi
>
> Well, it is putting an extra slash in front of the server address.. I
> remember this being a pain when trying to set a mirror to install up.
>

> Try the following:
>
> Web site name:  ftp.funet.fi
> CentOS directory: pub/mirrors/centos.org/5.3/os/i386/
>

> Make sure you DO NOT add a slash infront of "pub" in the CentOS
> directory line.
>
> This tends to work for me, how are you kicking off the xen guest
> install? Grabbed the xen kernel and ramdisk from a mirror?
----
two // doesn't matter in the least.

I can easily retrieve this url...

wget \
http://ftp.funet.fi//pub/mirrors/centos.org/5.3/os/i386/images/stage2.img

If you look at the URL's generated by yum repos, they often have 2
slashes.

Craig

believed to be clean.