[CentOS] 10 Year old IT Infrastructure

Fri Oct 9 22:42:24 UTC 2009
aurfalien at gmail.com <aurfalien at gmail.com>

Good one.

I run into very similar situations.

Focus purely on cash cost of maintenance of older stuff vs newer stuff.

Quote reputable sources like Gartner Group, etc...

Get a little familiar with ITIL in terms of like cycle.

Its very daunting to convince companies to spend money but if you
frame your Power Point, Project presentations around road A costs this
much, road B costs that much, you pick, then mebbe good things will
happen.

Another thing my mom has instilled is that "you catch more bees with
honey".

I have a tendency to sound like I am preaching and I am not, in fact
my motto is "I dunno shizzle".

But I just want to emphasize the pain that I run into this all the
time and some times succeed, I pretend to be a CFO/bean counter with
the attitude "if it ain't broke, why replace it", which is valid if
you think of it.