[CentOS] trying to understand OSS, GPL, BSD & other licensing model for software distribution.

Mon Oct 12 16:35:09 UTC 2009
Brian Mathis <brian.mathis at gmail.com>

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Brian Mathis <brian.mathis at gmail.com> wrote:
>> You asked this question not even a week ago.  It's off-topic, and not
>> one that you should be relying on people on a mailing list to answer.
>> Only you know your requirements and only your lawyer knows what's best
>> for them.
>>
>> Also, there are many sites that go into detail about OSS licenses.
>> Going to any of those sites and doing some research is almost
>> certainly better than asking on a mailing list.
>>

> Brian,
>
> So are you saying that CentOS users doesn't code, at all?
>
> --
> Kind Regards
> Rudi Ahlers

I'm saying that since you asked this question and received some
Additionally, since the original question is off-topic (though it was
entertained the first time because of the marginal relationship to
other OSS software), it's doubly rude to continue asking it.  If you
did not receive satisfactory responses the first time, you should try
a more appropriate forum, such as a software developers' mailing list
where you would be sure more people would have dealt with those
issues.

Most CentOS users are likely to be Sysadmins, not coders, even though
some could be coders.  You'd be better off asking in a place where
most users are likely to be coders.