[CentOS] full-fledge PDF editor for Linux

Tue Oct 20 15:02:40 UTC 2009
Joseph L. Casale <JCasale at activenetwerx.com>

>Does anybody know of an editor that can do on Linux what Acrobat /
>Acrobat Pro can do on Mac/Windows?

Ughh, I am in this mess right now myself.

>I have tried to use the PDF Import
>extension to the Open Office which appears barely functional - at
>least it is so slow as to be almost impractical. I have also tried
>pdfedit under Linux which seems to work fine but seems to have rather
>limited functionality. For instance, the capability to make bookmarks
>or to search through the whole document (as opposed to the current
>page) seems to be missing there.

Yeah, I can't stand the interface on that one. Scribus and another one
on Fedora at least (Not on that wkst atm) never measured up.

>Any tips much appreciated.

For my needs, I ended up using an online tool, funny that is.
http://www.pdfescape.com/

If you come across anything good, mention it back here,
jlc