[CentOS] Help! i want to clone my Centos machine to another box..

Thu Oct 22 20:05:51 UTC 2009
Rob Townley <rob.townley at gmail.com>

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 3:06 AM, RoLaNd RoLaNd <r_o_l_a_n_d at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> i've spent the last week trying to find something that will clone my
> existing Centos server to a more powerful box.
> i've used clonezilla though that resulted in a complete failure..

You used the CloneZilla Live CD?

CloneZilla Server and DRBL Server are entirely different and can be
difficult.  But CloneZilla _LiveCD_ is easy.

Tell us more about your RAID config.  It is not software raid is it?
Not sure if any cloning system can work to clone software raid unless
you have completely identical set of drives in both and then you would
not be doing disk level cloning, but file level cloning.
What kind of raid do you have?