[CentOS] Help! i want to clone my Centos machine to another box..

Mon Oct 26 15:01:57 UTC 2009
Matt <lm7812 at gmail.com>

> i've spent the last week trying to find something that will clone my
> existing Centos server to a more powerful box.
> i've used clonezilla though that resulted in a complete failure..
>
> can anyone please guide me in the right direction?
> all i want to do is to clone my entire server and all of it's directories to
> a more powerful server so i start using it instead..
> i dont want to get rid of the current server as i want both of them to run
> in parallel with the same backed up services/data on each of them..
>

> can anyone please help! im honestly desperate!!

I did something like this in past.  I simply used a linux boot CD in
middle of night then used dd to copy the entire disk to new drive of
equal or greater size.  Then I placed the new disk in the new server
and booted up.  This may not be what you want though.

Matt