[CentOS] Running SSH on a different port

Sat Oct 24 13:38:29 UTC 2009
Ned Slider <ned at unixmail.co.uk>

ML wrote:
> HI All,
>
> With my new firewall in place, it has opened my eyes to how much
> traffic gets blocked in a single day and also what are the most active
> rules. I get *a lot* of requests for port 22.
>
> How does one switch ssh ports? What is a good port to use? What
> ramifications does it have when I need to ssh in? Is it as simple as
> ssh user at hots:port?

Pretty much everything you need to know about SSH is on the Wiki here:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Network/SecuringSSH

Why don't people use the Wiki? These same topics come up over and over
again, and no one ever refers to the resources available on the Wiki?