[CentOS] Running SSH on a different port

Mon Oct 26 19:06:28 UTC 2009
Lorenzo Quatrini <lorenzo.quatrini at gmail.com>

2009/10/25 Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>:
> Gilbert Sebenste wrote:

>> Unless I want to sftp. It always looks for port 22; if I do:
>>
>> sftp SERVER
>>
>> It will deny me if SERVER is anything but port 22. Doing a man sftp yields
>> no help on how to solve that. Any ideas?
>
> I usually prefer rsync over ssh for file transfers where possible.  There it
> would be rsync -e 'ssh -p nnn' ....

Also, you coud set up the port on /etc/ssh/ssh_config for the name/ip
of the target machine, so you don't need to type "-o Port xxx" or "-p
xxx" every time.
The downside is that you forget the port over time, not using it.