[CentOS] Support for add disk SCSI

Ross Walker rswwalker at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 18:14:41 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 2:01 PM, Luis campo<lcr_2505 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Sirs.
>
> I have a ML370 G4 server with 2 disk SCSI Ultra 320 of 300 GB in RAID-1
> through a controller and operating system CentOS 4.7.
>
> My question: CentOS 4.7 could support the expansion of capacity by adding 6
> disks SCSI Ultra 320 of 300GB in Raid-1?

Sure, create 3 RAID1s (or a RAID5/6/10) on HW or SW then create an LVM
VG out of them, create LVs (striped if multiple RAID devices) out of
the VG.

I don't know if your using LVM now on the existing RAID1, but I
wouldn't just add them to the root VG if you are, which would also
give it expanded capacity, as it would make recovery more difficult if
you need to put the drives into a new server.

-Ross