[CentOS] Support for add disk SCSI

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Tue Sep 8 19:54:13 UTC 2009

Luis campo wrote:

> Dear Sirs.
>

> I appreciate your response.
>

> Currently the server has set up a Raid-1 with 2 SCSI disks, it adds up to 6
> SCSI disks with the following configuration:
>

> - Raid-1 (4 SCSI disks)
>
> - Raid-1 (2 SCSI disks)
>

> Therefore will have 3 SCSI disk arrays.
>

> The server is not configured with LVM.
>

> CentOS 4.7 support this configuration?

Absolutely, if your doing it "online" you'll need to re-scan
the scsi bus or manually add the new LUN/ID to the system,
what I do is

- cat /proc/scsi/scsi
(take note of the ID string, e.g.
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 01 )

If the RAID controller presents the new array as a new LUN
then do something like:

echo "scsi add-single-device 0 0 1 2" /proc/scsi/scsi

Will tell the system to scan for LUN #2

If the controller presents the new array as another SCSI
ID, then I would use "0 0 2 0" or perhaps 0 0 2 1 as the
sequence.

Otherwise you can reboot and the system will detect it
automatically.

As for the disk size thing, that is normal, the system is
correctly detecting the size.

nate