[CentOS] Stupid Question (Linux antivirus)

Ian Blackwell ian at ikel.id.au
Tue Sep 29 03:18:03 UTC 2009

Eric Clark wrote:
> Is there a real big need for having an anti-virus on linux?
>
> if so what are some good ones to use?
Will the software be used in a commercial environment?  If not, then you
could use AVG from Grisoft:-
    http://free.avg.com/download
I've used it for a couple of years now and haven't had any problems.
Come to think of it, it hasn't found any viruses either!?!?!  Perhaps
I've been lucky, but I prefer to believe my email server is fairly good
at rejecting spam etc.

If you are using it in a commercial environment, you can purchase a
subscription server licence for Linux from them.
    http://www.avg.com/product-avg-server-edition-for-linux

Regards,

Ian